https://www.smashwords.com/?ref=venol1993

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Dark Side Of Hers- The Deity On Board




                                  The Deity On Board

Sometimes,  I  regret  the  very  first  day  I  met  her.  I  used  to  be  the  captain  of  a  ship  and  sea  was  my  only  life.  My  father  always  wanted  me  to  be  a  lawyer  like  he  was,  but  I  was  not  a  kind  of  guy  who  ever  preferred  to  live  in  boundaries.  I  always  wanted  to  be  an  explorer  and  considered  Columbus  and  Vasco  Da  Gama  as  my  idols.  I  was  so  inspired  by  their  accomplishments  that  I  always  wished  to  discover  a  new  piece  of  land  like  them,  which  I  could  only  claim.  But  sometimes  people  discover  such  things  that  are  better  to  be  left  undiscovered  than  to  be  introduced  to  mankind.
We  were  in  the  middle  of  the  Indian  Ocean,  heading  towards  Andaman  &  Nicobar  carrying  some  prisoned  laborers  and  other  goods  along  with  us.  It  was  the  time  when  India  came  under  the  British  territory.  I  was  in  the  top  tower,  reading  the  clouds  when  my  eyes  fell  on  something  unusual.  There  was  a  naked  lass  on  a  wooden  plank  floating  on   the  sea  bed.  It  was  unusual,  as  in  those  days  in  some  places,  women  were  still  forbidden  from  traveling  in  ships  and  I  could  find  no  reason  for  her  being  in  such  condition  other  than,  “Maybe,  she  fell  into  the  hands  of  pirates, who  ravaged  her  virgin  body  and  threw  her  out,  for  sea   monsters  to  feed  on,  when  she  was  of  use  no  more.”
Wasting  no  more  time,  I  jumped  off  the  deck  into  water  for  the  purpose  of  saving  her.  I  brought  her  up  and  covered  her  naked  body  under  my  coat  for  the  sake  of  mankind.  While  I  was  checking  her  pulses  I  saw  my  crew  member’s  resisting  faces,  who  were  cursing  me  for  welcoming  an  omen  that  they  considered  was  bad,  into  our  ship.  Sometimes  I  wish  it  would  have been  a  lot  better  if  I  would  have  followed  their  advices  and  thrown  her  right  back  from  where  I  had  picked  her  up.  It  wouldn’t  have  killed  her  for  sure,  but  that  would  have  spared  us  from  the  misery  we  brought  upon  ourselves.
*                                               *                                           *                                   *
It  was  dark  and  I  was  in  my  tent  with  her  under  my  care  when  she  came  back  to  her  senses.  Those  eyes  which  looked  at  me  as  soon  as  were  open,  I  believe  were  the  most  amazing  ones  I  had  ever  seen  in  my  entire  life.  One  red,  while  the  other  one  was  brownish;  I  have  had  heard  of  such  people  before  but  had  never  witnessed  one.  I  then  asked  her  if  she  needed  something  but  she  kept  starring  back  at  me  quietly  and  then  suddenly  leapt  on  her  feet  and  ran  out.  I  had  just  stood  up  to  follow  her  when  a  loud  scream  of  someone’s  shook  the  whole  camp  site;  We  were  attacked  by  the  Jarawas,  an  Andaman  tribe,  that  we  at  that  time  feared  the  most.  Dark  naked  cannibals  who  welcomed  us  with  raining  arrows  and  spears.
I  took  out  my  short  magazine  rifle  and  stepped  out.  She  had  not  made  too  far  as  she  got  wounded,  an  arrow  had  run  straight  through  her  knees.  It  was    cloudy  night  and  things  couldn’t  be  seen  clear.  I  had  shot  one  of  them  but  they  had  killed  four  of  our  people.  The  war  lasted  for  a  few  more  minutes  and  then  it  was  all  silent  again;  they  were  gone  but  not  for  long.  I  picked  her  up  into  my  arms  and  took  her  back  in,  though  she  resisted  a  bit  but  not  too  much.  I  guess  now  she  had  realized  that  I  had  no  intentions  of  hurting  her.
Halie  was  her  name  and  she  was  the  most  wonderful  woman I  ever  met;  we  stayed  together  for  like  a  month  and  in  that  time  period  we  came  too  close  to  each  other.  I  was  the  only  one  she  trusted  there  and  that’s  why  one  day  she  revealed  to  me  a  dark  secret  of  her  life. 
She  told  me  who  she  was  and  what  had  happened  to  her  a  month  ago.  She  told  me  about  the  curse  that  she  and  her  sisters  had  brought  upon  themselves  many  centuries  ago.  And  since  then  they  were  a  plague  casted  upon  mankind,  by  hell  and  heaven  both.
She  told  me  that  the  island  has  been  sheltering  her  and  four  of  her  sisters  for  years,  being  worshiped  as  deities  by  the  Jarawa  tribe  people,  who offered  them  a  human  sacrifice  on  every..................https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007KAZA08
Available both in Amazon and Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment